It has been a gray, damp and dreary day in Boise – the kind of day you want to spend with a book or lost in a movie. I’ll admit that this morning I spent my time reading and never got around to the movie.
I must admit that I’m not an avid movie-goer. I’m one of those movie patrons who could be described using church parlance as a margin attender or a CEO (Christmas and Easter Only) worshiper. Yes, I go to movies with others and watch a selection of their choice. Some of these have turned out to be surprisingly good while others have been a great opportunity to catch up on sleep.
As we near the big night for the Academy Awards, I began thinking about which movies I have enjoyed. As you read my list you will probably chuckle at my choices..but hey! they’re my choices…
So here’s my list of good movies:
- Footloose (the original) I haven’t seen the new version. The kids teach the adults a few things.
- October Sky So I enjoy a story where the class nerd wins.
- Bridge to Terabithia A story written by an alumnus of one of my grad schools.
- Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe It’s C.S. Lewis!
- Amazing Grace Don’t turn off the movie until you’ve seen the Pipers and drummers at the end.
- Eragon Okay my kids sold me on this one. There be dragons in it!
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade Have you ever considered what kind of cup was used at the Last Supper?
- It’s a Wonderful Life I’ve been accustomed to watching this one on tv but when I had the chance to watch it on the big screen…wow!
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, part 1 I guess you’d have to see part 2 as well but I liked part 1 better
- We Bought a Zoo This recent film surprised me. I like a movie where a good fight takes place.
There are few movies I’d watch a second time, but these are the ones I’d pull up on Netflix or pop in the dvd player to watch again.
What would be your movie choices on a damp, dreary weekend?